The HTC Touch Pro, known in recent weeks with the key name Raphael, is a model type slider very full at its input interface, since it combines touchscreen (TouchFlo 3D) and QWERTY keyboard in a single device.
The operator T-Mobile has been the first to introduce this model under its own brand, with the name of MDA Vario IV.
The presentation at the international level has taken place in Munich, two variants of the HTC Diamond has unexpectedly presented therein: the MDA Vario IV with this news, which started and the MDA Compact IV.
As I discussed the two models are variants of the HTC Diamond recently presented by HTC, with some customization and branding T-Mobile. The two devices have operating system Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, and common characteristics such as Display VGA, WiFi or GPS.
The MDA Compact IV It is actually the most similar to the HTC Touch Diamond, which has been made slight design changes, as a more rounded corners.
Seems to be that you for the Compact IV, HTC has decided to not use the original rear part made up of faces that have the Touch Diamond, for some insurance that will be a success, to my truth that is not something that I care.
In terms of technology, the mobile is a Terminal GSM tri-band, perhaps not had sitting that poorly have quad-band to have a greater world projection.
The specifications of the Compact IV they are great, highlighting sections as memory, 4 GB storage, 256 MB ROM flash and 128 MB RAM, although in this sense comes out losing if we compare it with the HTC Diamond, with 192 MB of RAM.
- Powerful Chipset: Qualcomm MSM 7201A 528 MHz.
- With dimensions of 102 x 51 x 11.33 mm, and weighs 95 grams, make it a manageable terminal for the characteristics.
- Connectivity: WCDMA / HSPA: 900 / 2100 MHz. HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA. In addition to the typical Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR) and WiFi 802. 11b/g .
- Touch screen 2.8 inch with resolution VGA (480 x 640) and 65,536 colors.
- 3.2MP camera and other secondary for video conferences.
- Highlight the GPS: GPS/AGPS, and FM radio.
- Connections: HTC ExtUSB (mini-USB and audio jack in one; USB 2.0).
Returning to the terminal with which we started the news, the MDA Vario IV o HTC Touch Pro, that I am not going to be categorized as a big surprise, but that seems an almost more interesting than his brothers Diamond/Compact option IV, by the inclusion of the QWERTY keyboard and the possibility according to their own T-Mobile that thanks to its its 256 MB of RAM the device is ready for use the next Windows Mobile 7.
Being a side keypad, commenting how practical it could be use the accelerometer to move quickly from a text input mode to another, depending on the orientation of the screen.
With the addition of keyboard phone adds 18 mm depth, compared to the little more than 11 mm from the Compact IV. Perhaps a little thinner would have been a point in their favor, but let us hope that the increase has been a better keyboard, and more battery.
The specifications are the same that the Compact IV, with the exception of the following data:
- Memory: 512 MB ROM flash, 256 MB RAM, has 4GB of internal memory, but it solves it with a microSD card slot.
- Dimensions: 102 x 51 x 18 mm, and weight: 158 grams.
On prices and departure dates not be has led nothing, although it seems logical that they will be among us in a few days, we expect more information in this regard.