The top sights in Berlin
If you only have one day in Berlin , then you should have seen at least these 3 sights:
The symbol of Berlin
According to Definition Explorer, the Brandenburg Gate has a special role in the history of Berlin: during the division of Germany, the Brandenburg Gate divided the city into East and West and was not accessible as a border area for a long time.
Since the fall of the Wall and reunification, the Brandenburg Gate has been the symbol of Berlin ‘s freedom and the city’s most popular landmark .
Best view over Berlin
At 368 meters high, the television tower marks the Berlin skyline and is even the tallest building in Germany .
You have a unique view from the restaurant of the television tower at a height of 203 meters.
It is best to book your ticket online in advance to avoid long queues.
Our tips for the Berlin TV Tower
History with a panoramic view
The Reichstag is one of the most popular sights in the city – this is where parliament sits and deliberates .
From the glass dome you have a fantastic view over the government district and the Tiergarten.
Visiting the hilltop is free , but only possible with prior registration.
Book a tour that includes a visit to the plenary hall and glass dome
- The 22 most beautiful sights in Berlin
- The best city tours in Berlin
- The most beautiful photo spots in Berlin
7 Facts about Berlin
7 exciting facts about Berlin
- There are more kebab shops in Berlin than in Istanbul .
- Berlin is the only city in the world to have three opera houses .
- The former airport in Tegel was made airworthy in just 90 days in 1948 .
- The new BER Airport was opened in 2020 around 3,000 days after the planned date . Nobody believed in it anymore.
- Berlin has more museums than rainy days. Namely 175.
- Only a third of the approx. 3.7 million inhabitants are original Berliners.
- Berlin is the greenest metropolis in Europe .
Links to Berlin
information and practical information
- Official tourism portal of the city of Berlin (lots of information)
- tip Berlin (city magazine with event tips)
- With pleasure Berlin (many tips for Berlin)
- Berliner Verkehrsverbund (ticket and timetables)
Planning and booking
- Hotels in Berlin
- Tickets and city tours
Blogs about Berlin
- visitBerlin Blog
- Notes of Berlin
- style in Berlin
The most beautiful museums in Berlin
There are more than 175 museums in Berlin – from history to art to science, everything is included. To make your choice easier, here are our top 3 museums in Berlin:
Highlight on the Museum Island
The Bode Museum is one of the highlights on the Museum Island in Berlin with works from different eras , e.g. B. Byzantine art.
Tip: From the Ebertsbrücke, the Bode Museum with the television tower in the background makes a nice photo motif .
Jewish history you can touch
In the Jewish Museum you will learn everything about the history and culture of Jews in Europe and the Holocaust – in a very interactive and informative way.
The architecture of the Jewish Museum is particularly impressive , especially inside the museum.
Topography of Terror
Documentation and processing of the Nazi crimes
The Topography of Terror is a documentation site for Nazi crimes and one of the most visited memorial sites in Berlin.
During the Third Reich, the Gestapo, the Reich Security Main Office and the SS headquarters were located at the site of the museum.
Other museums in Berlin
Art, history, special
These were our three favorite museums in Berlin.
Of course, Berlin has much more to offer: from the German Historical Museum or Hamburger Bahnhof to extraordinary museums such as the Urban Nation – Museum for Contemporary Art or the Computer Games Museum.
The best museums in Berlin