One of the symptoms of pregnancy and that calls more quickly to the attention of future mothers, is the lack of menstruation in time, or of course say, the delay of menstruation.
However, contrary to what one might think, it is very common to be menstruation (or some kind of) during pregnancy, causing many women do not realize exactly what is happening in your body.
Menstruation during pregnancy is known technically as vaginal bleeding, but what happens is nearly the same as occurs during menstruation, so that there are many women who feel some fear or even doubts when this happens.
Is the emergence of this vaginal bleeding that causes many women to know exactly your pregnancy a lot after the 12 weeks, since not always there are other physical evidence.
This bleeding can occur due to various causes, including:
- Implantation of the embryo in the wall of the uterus can cause there is a bleed less than menstruation with a lighter color and a smaller duration with sports clothing.
- The changes of the cervix, a lot more sensitive during pregnancy, is one of the possible causes.
- You can also be an ectopic pregnancy, the embryo implanting itself outside of the uterus.
- Some infections that occur in the vagina and cervix are also a major cause.
- In some cases, about 15%, this initial bleeding may mean an early abortion, but are only a few cases and not to be taken as a general rule.
So, this being a health problem that can affect all kinds of women and at any age, whenever it occurs, regardless of the length or even the absence of pain, it is advisable to always consult your family doctor for the proper and crash and checking once the baby and the mother are well.